Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Project... Mudkaiser....

Default Project... Mudkaiser....

So here it goes, I actually have 2 that i bought from GSA in 2001 (i think). first i put a 454/400/np200 stock axles, detroit in rear trac-lok in front had rims made 15x16, 44 boggers, just kind of threw it together.

then i kept breaking front axleshafts, and shredded a brand new selectro hub.

So i went to a newer dana 60 and dana 70 5.13 gear detroit in rear trac-lok in front. 4 wheel disc brakes. i found an offset dana 70 from a step van. worked great. i stood the np200 almost straight up and down.

took it out 1 time and blew the 454. so after working on it for 2months doing all the drivetrain, i said thats it. and tore the whole truck apart

Did i mention that i cant stand the red paint.
    So i pulled everything apart.
    which is were im at now.
    the plan is od green paint, fresh 454, new bigger radiator back in the front.

how did you ever reach the bolts up top lol Nice solid truck
    1968 M715
    1968 M725

thanks,

no more steering box.

Looking good, I thought the same thing about the paint when I first saw the truck. It would look slick with OD and a matte black 'rhino' or 'razor' grill with a 715 brush guard. Or just bring it back to stock. I'll be watching this one.

RM
    If it ain't broke, it will be.

you mean like this one?

stock master cylinder??
    1968 M715
    1968 M725

yes stock style master cylinder, i relaced the stock one with one from napa. but im going to change it, not sure what yet. might go with the same thing again. it worked well with the 4wheel disc.

I like the truck alot, other than the razor grill you use to have in it lol. Ever think of painting it up and naming it like a monster truck?
    1968 M715
    1968 M725

Keep going and keep posting pics...you are doing a good job there, making a nice truck!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by defbob View Post
    I like the truck alot, other than the razor grill you use to have in it lol. Ever think of painting it up and naming it like a monster truck?
    thanks, No no name for the truck, MudKaiser keeps sticking although i probably wont put it on the truck, im going od green with star on the door. I wasnt sure about the hood scoop but i had to run it because of the clearence between the carb and the hood. now i love it, most people like it , some dont. Heres a pic of the old 454 when the truck was just thrown together

Last edited by Mudkaiser; November 9th, 2010 at 11:50 AM.