Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: My Build

are those the 47 inch michelin xmls i ordered 1 wheel from marsh racing wheels with maximum offset. i didn't have them weld them up solid they just tacked the centers in just in case the offset was wrong but i liked the fit. i trimmed the front fenders even with the lower body line.i did a spring over with 4' blocks in the back. everything seems to clear just fine

My brother picked up my wheels today and is going to mount them for me. I also switched to a 46 inch tire that seems to be about 4 inches shorter then the XL

Okay its time to order my steering system. I cant decide to go full hydro or just assisted. I have big steel wheels with 46 inch XML's. I wont be doing a whole lot of road driving but I like the idea of being able to have a mechanical backup of I dont have power to turn the pump and move it around the shop. I am just not sure if the hydro assist is strong enough for rockwells and big tires. Any input will be appreciated.

hydro would be nice but a regular power steering box might work fine for you. i have 42 iroks and with a stock j series power steering box i can go lock to lock with complete ease with out rolling.
    my signature is sweet huh?

It is now sitting on the tires.

i would like to see a good pic of the side of this rig . would like to see the clearance between the body and tires

"It's alive, ALIVE"

Also, I noticed in this pic you're really showing the truck some love

That's not me. I hired a welder to come in and weld in my mounts. I don't trust my welding enough yet.

If you haven't decided between full hydro steering and hydro assist you might consider this. If it is going to be an off road truck 99.9 percent of the time then go full hydro. You won't regret it. If you are going to drive it on the street regularly or anything more than 20 or 30 minutes to a trail Go with the hydro assist. Full hydro is kinda spooky on the highway.