Hey all, I've been lurking for a bit and collecting parts. Now I've got some time so it seems like as good a time as any to post up about my new project.

This weekend I picked up a 67 m-715 from a board-member in CT and in about 4 weeks once I am done with this semester I will start tearing into it.

The plans are as follows listed by part;

Dana 70 rear w/discs 4.10 35 spline open carrier for now, came from an 05 chevy van. Got a good deal on it a month or so ago and have been rebuilding it, almost ready to be dropped in.

63 inch chev 1/2 ton rear leaf springs, will be mounting under the frame and running them under the axle most likely to achieve proper ride height, airbags if I ever start towing a lot, but I want this ole girl to flex. Already bought these from a scrap yard about two months ago.

Dana 60 front axle, from a Ford, high pinion, 4.10, discs, king-pin axle. Picked one up this past weekend, needs to be rebuilt still.

Will be running a high steer kit and running this on the stock leaf springs until I see how they handle the weight of the cummins. Most likely spring under to get some lift. Spring perches are already the correct width so this is just a bolt on deal, once it's rebuilt.

NP205 divorced t-case, got one from a ford (driver side drop), tore it apart and replaced all bearings/seals/painted and cleaned up, set it up for twin sticks while I was in there.

Cummins 4bt w/hx35 turbo backed by a Ford ZF5 2wd transmission. Picking this up this week so more pictures/info then but it will be turned up a little bit for now.

Plans for wheels/tires include ordering up some Michelin XZL 11.000R16s, need to call tomorow and get those on their way. Will be mounting on some black steel wheels or maybe painting wheels to match truck, donno.

Appearance of the truck will be stock body, no mods there, need to find a shovel/axe for the back, any idea where to get those two items?

The body of the truck has little rust, some in the bed and the rockers have been patched in the past so I will replace those, but most likely not until I have here up and running and what not.

Right now, the truck runs + drives but leaks oil from the crankcase breather and some other places so I'm just going to pull it as soon as summer comes around. The entire stock drivetrain will be for sale as soon as I start pulling it apart. Motor started in 36 degree weather this past weekend 2nd crank but the thing needs some new seals so most everything will go cheap.

All in all though, fun truck to drive around town, and I'm pretty pumped about getting started to work on her this summer. 4 weeks til I can start wrenching then I will be going down to OCS in VA for 6 weeks before returning and getting some more work done on her. I'll post as often as I can when I make progress on here because Dang does this forum lack pictures in the project sections, "No pic means it didn't happen"

So without blabbering on too much longer.... here she is, very solid truck in general big change from my last project in any case.

Previous owner did not remove top to paint.... looks goofy I know

My 12 valver on 37s next to the Kaiser

Mmmm

Lovin the drab

Floors are SOLID, want to redo the rockers with repro pieces though, currently riveted patch panels yuck

Bed rust, most likely will replace floor with diamond plate or hack up a junkyard bed for the ridged steel.

The worst of the rust on the truck, easy to fix though bc of the flat shapes of the bed, will deal with this later