Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Another 4bt build

Really looks good.

I wish I was half as far along on mine as you are. I did manage to talk the wife into letting me bring it home to work on it, tho.

It's alive !

Very cool... Sounds pretty good! At this pace, we expect to see the truck finished by Tuesday or so

Looks like you are making some good progress.......keep it up.
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

Hey everyone, thanks for the words of encouragement. Today was I dropped off the rear rotors and flywheel to get cleaned up. So in the meantime I had some u-bolts made for the one rear side, as well as weld in some gussets for the rear leafs, I also fabbed in a simple upper shock mount for the rear. After that I cleaned up the frame with a wire wheel and flap disc and sprayed down the rear half with some anti-rust stuff. I still plan on por-15 and undercoat but this will keep the rust demons at bay while I'm gone for a bit. Two more full days to get some work done before I take a 6 week hiatus.

Tonight I hope to fab up a new tranny x-member so that I can isntall my clutch/tranny tomorow.

Here's my only pic for the day.

-Steve

Got a clutch, the 351 from a 95 ford fits. Also, got a new pilot/throwout bearing and had the flywheel cleaned up. So that's all together, I will have to pull it atleast once more though to figure out the slave/master situation. The rear rotors have been machined and are installed.

The front axle needs new calipers which I am waiting on As well as a new vent fitting and steering setup, also need to fab in a panhard bar but will wait until the steering is in to deal with that.

The rear needs some new calipers and a new vent then its ready to get plumbed and be done with. I will most likely be running chevy avalanche front calipers because they are dual piston and I know they fit.

Also got the new tranny x=member fabbed and in today, I used suggestions from above and there is a lot more clearance for the front d-shaft now, also lines up better with the t-case.

Nothing really picture worthy, maybe tomorow, we'll see.

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Burritoboi5 View Post
    also need to fab in a panhard bar but will wait until the steering is in to deal with that.
    why the need for a panhard? i would think it would be fine without.
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

Quote Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
    why the need for a panhard? i would think it would be fine without.
    Yup, specially with THAT many leafs up front

I am thinking of putting some form of track bar in the front of mine. There is a lot of side to side frame movement when I turn the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by poolmike View Post
    I am thinking of putting some form of track bar in the front of mine. There is a lot of side to side frame movement when I turn the wheels.

That's what I was thinking, what's the consensus? Track bar or no track bar?

-Steve