Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Another 4bt build

Quote Originally Posted by Burritoboi5 View Post
    Got a clutch, the 351 from a 95 ford fits. Also, got a new pilot/throwout bearing and had the flywheel cleaned up. So that's all together, I will have to pull it atleast once more though to figure out the slave/master situation.
    I never did find the right tool to remove the line off the throw-out on mine. Apparently neither did the guy I got the trans from because it was cut off.
    I went with a stock Ford master. It comes with the tube from master to throw-out. It's a pre-bent plastic thing and doesn't look right, the tube that is.

One of the clutch companies may have a solution in a custom throw-out, and I want to say Mcleod. I only looked at the online catalog.

That's what I was thinking, what's the consensus? Track bar or no track bar?

-Steve

I don't think it is needed for spring under axle applications. With SOA, and the extra weight of the Cummins, a track bar would be nice. I just haven't had the time to figure one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hetzer View Post
    I never did find the right tool to remove the line off the throw-out on mine. Apparently neither did the guy I got the trans from because it was cut off.
    I went with a stock Ford master. It comes with the tube from master to throw-out. It's a pre-bent plastic thing and doesn't look right, the tube that is.

One of the clutch companies may have a solution in a custom throw-out, and I want to say Mcleod. I only looked at the online catalog.
    My Napa clutch kit came with the tool that removes the line, but mine was also cut. I tried pulling the slave yesterday and it did not want to budge, nor did I want to mess around with it too much.

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by poolmike View Post
    I don't think it is needed for spring under axle applications. With SOA, and the extra weight of the Cummins, a track bar would be nice. I just haven't had the time to figure one out.
    My ford axle mounts have one built in underneath and to the rear of the passenger side U-bolt plate. But with the amount of lift I'm running the angles would be horrible, so I am thinking of just putting in a general kit on top of the axle later, but first I need to see where my steering is going to end up.

-Steve

Why don't you wait until you get the truck running and then decide if you need/want a track bar? I have never owned a vehicle with leafs up front that had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    Why don't you wait until you get the truck running and then decide if you need/want a track bar? I have never owned a vehicle with leafs up front that had one.
    I may do just that, by the way, I have been meaning to ask you if you still have an extra power steering box?

-Steve

I may do just that, by the way, I have been meaning to ask you if you still have an extra power steering box?

-Steve
    Yes I do...

Cool Mikel, I would love to buy one off of you if possible when I get back.....

Update for today is just that I got my new front calipers, but they require removing the hubs to install, so I just painted them up and threw them in a box. WDed the rotors and bagged them up so that they hopefully won't rust, and the motor is duck taped and will be tarped along with the rest of the truck.

I ordered my steering from ballistic and that should be here by the time I get home, otherwise, there will be no updates for a month or so.

-Steve

Cool Mikel, I would love to buy one off of you if possible when I get back.....
    Sure, just let me know when you come back.

Just got home