Thread: Gas tank

Question Gas tank

I pulled my gas tank out and behold the fuel line was attached to the bottom of the tank at the drain plug and the fuel line coming out of the top of the tank was crimped off. so should i keep it the way it is or should i try to rehook it to the top of the tank

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

The original pick-up is either rotted off or stopped up and that's probably why it was bypassed.

Were it me, I'd fix it, because pulling from the very bottom of the tank is going to pull any bit of rust, dirt or other debris right into the fuel line without anything to stop it.

Here's my post on that very subject and most likely what you'll find in your tank:

Fuel tank pickup mod/rebuild
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

What he said.

Plus, I want to have: 1) a working drain plug, and 2) not to have my fuel line sitting exposed on the bottom of my fuel tank.

well i fixed it. i checked the pickup line in the tank and it looked brand new. and it wasnt collaged but i dont have much to hook the gasline to has i had to cut the crimped part off. . i also took it to bare metal and am going to paint it tonight. The tank is in great shape .thanks for the advice