Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: windshield channel question again

Default windshield channel question again

I am asking this question again, but am hoping to solve it this time. the channel was cut off my windshield for the canvas top and I am looking to put one back on. I have looked for one to get off a damaged frame but have had no luck, have also searched for a replacment one for a cj, but have only found curved ones that are for 70's and up ones. I would make one out of box tubing and scut a groove in it, but am afraid that the sharp edge will cut the top.

can someone post a picture of the factory channel, I thought the groove had the edges bent on it, but am not sure

also would like the dimensions of the channel size and length, and width of groove.

if someone knows of a source for getting a replacment channel that isnt curved on the ends, post the source or link.

and last... if someone has a damaged winshield frame that has a good channel, please email me and it will solve all my problems.

Thanks

Duane

Have tried doing a search on here for that? I know one member made a channel much like your talking about cutting box tubing. Or maybe they will post up. I would think that as long as you debur the cut, I think you should be ok and shouldn't cut the top.
    Zone holster maker

See this thread:

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/showthrea...shield+channel

I have some pictures of the stock one. I'll post them soon after I get them hosted.

Here ya go:

Cut your tubing and then simply file the 90 degree corners to round it.

can you tell me the length of the channel, if I am reading the tape measure right, it apears it is 1/2 inch box tubing? if not, correct me.

Thanks

Duane

Yep ½ inch

50" Long

But see the other thread where airborn got a piece of channel from a boat shop

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/showthrea...shield+channel

can someone give me the measurement of the height of the channel, from the top of the 1/2 box tubing to the top edge of the windshield frame. I am going to get the tubing today and start working on it at work.

Thanks

Duane

Will get that a little later...gotta run an errand first...

I assume in the center will work as the frame is rounded at the ends...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

yes, the center will be fine.....