Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: transfer case ?

you seem to have selected your t case and tranny set up so here is my 2 cents on the 350 engine ideal . im giong to put a 350 tuned port injection in my truck because the tpi set up has very good low end torque and makes all of its torque below 2800 rpm and all its horse power below 4800 rpm . i bought a whole 1989 firebird for 500 bucks and had everything i need so i dont spend alot buying it in peices . as for putting it in my truck it is really not all that much more work putting it in than a 350 with a carb . also try to get a setup from a 1987 to 89 to get the engine with a roller cam and lifters . also dont use a 1990 to 92 tpi because it has speed density and not mass air like the 1985 to 1989 does . mass air is that if you make a change in the cam or add other performance parts and the engines computer will respond to the high perfomance parts and will produce more hp and torque .

Default transfer case

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    I have seen several 350s with the stock trans and tcase....it cures the problem many people have or perceive with the 230 AND adds power...quite a bit of it.

Driven above 50 mph for distances of 50 + miles, especially in warm weather, will make heat in many NP200 cases...there are some that dont have the heat problems...there are others that do...mine does.

The tcase is roughly below the rear part of the cab...so a noise under your seat could be coming directly from it OR the trans even. Not being able to hear the noise limits the ability to diagnose this...is it a grinding or something else? Is it from just above idle and up or from, say 30 mph or so and up?

The sticks moving apart....they do get loose at times...and they can move a little under the torque of the drivetrain...more from the former than the latter by far. The shift linkage, when tight and not under big torque input, doesnt move in that way...not in any that I have seen anyway...the linkage is pretty solid if tight is my point.
    Do you have any idea where I can get the tcase boot or what part # it is? Thanks George Ny (like your prayer BTW)