i have a quesiton regarding the tie rods. i went to the alignment shop the other day due to extreme wear on my front tires. he said i needed new tie rod ends for the tie rod and the drag link. i noticed there was a LITTLE play on the 2 drag link tie rods but i couldnt really tell if there was play on the tie rod ends. anyway... as for the question. when tie rods are bad enough to replace is there generally a whole heck of a lot of play or is there just barly enough to notice? i know my alignment is off, but the right tire is a lot more worn than the left. is this a characteristic of bad tie rod ends, drag link ends, or just a lot of toe in?

also, i called Boyce equiptment down the street and they have a left and a right tie rod end, but they are expensive. (like 47 bucks or somthing like that) is there a Napa or aftermarket one i can get for cheaper? and is there a part number on these tie rod ends? i cant really take them off untill i have the new ones due to the fact that this is my one and only daily driver.

also again, what do i need to change tie rods ends? all i have is BASIC hand tools, and a parking lot to work with. can this be done without the use of air tools?

thanks in advance

-BrianM