NP202 FINALLY MOUNTED !!!!
Post by robertcowan on Jun 19, 2006, 11:12pm

I just finished up mounting my np202 t-case i got from barrman. it was a job doing it all by myself i,ll tell you ! after i finally got it all lined up i went to turn on the welder and i hit the supports with my knee getting out from under the truck and needless to say EVERYTHING got out of align AGAIN ??? BIG GUYS DONT BELONG IN SMALL PLACES- LOL . i will have pix tomarrow. i got to pull the engine and ship it to chicago tomarrow. i didnt want to pull it until i got the new t-case in and aligned up. sure hope the rear drive shaft clears the fuel tank. and i discovered the front drive shaft needs to be longer and the hole in the trans cross member needs to be opened up by about 1/3. and if you,all are doing a t-case upgrade or swap try to make- or use a under t-case mount setup. theres not alot of clearence if you use the over the top mount that i did. i ended up with 1/2" at one spot to 2". i used energy suspensions poly universal mounts. 2 on each side because i couldnt find reproduction OEM style factory rubber mounts. turnned out nice though.
bob