Re: Wiring Diagram
Post by barrman on Aug 16, 2006, 8:01am

By Amphenol I assume you mean the screw in cannon plug? I have the plug for the back of the 3 lever switch with wires going as far as the firewall and beyond. I have the screw on plug for the blinker switch and the flasher box. Both of those have wires that go about 4 inches.

I was going to use those components to just hand twist together wires that will complete the circuits in my room. Once I am convinced everything works, I will count up how many connectors I need and about how much wire. Order the stuff with blank metal tags. Stamp the tags with the proper numbers and then make the harness on the truck so the stuff is the right size. I am going to add the Packard plugs in places I think are convenient instead of where they might have been from the factory. That way, I can pull it all apart again at a later date without having to leave the wires hanging somewhere because they won't fit through the hole in the firewall.

Of course, putting stock tail lights on the back is going to mean I have to remake my back bumper for the 3rd time in 5 years. I still want and need the ball type hitch for my trailers. I will think of something.