A Strange Jeep - ID?
Post by jay on Sept 9, 2006, 9:56pm

Hi Gang, it's been a long time since I have posted, but I have crossed paths with a strange jeep and have a less-than-crystal picture to show you. As with all UFO photos, it is just blurry enough to dismiss out of hand, but I shot it from the north bound side of I-65, between Birmingham and Nashville. The jeep is parked on the southbound shoulder as a work truck for a contract road crew. From my close inspection at 80 mph when southbound, i can tell you for certain that it is a jeep. The body looks a little wider than a YJ. the headlights are square, but located further out and down from the normal position, almost in the from inside of each wheel fender and not in the grille. it has the jeep logo embossed in the front quarter panel as normal, but the cab looks wider, almost as wide as a full-size pickup. the wheels seem heavy-duty in a commercial way, and i know it sounds stupid, but the sense one gets whizzing by is that the running gear itself is much heavier than factory YJ. the windshield and doors look YJ. behind the doors, the cab is cut short and a bob-tail type rear half of the jeep is set up, looks like for towing. i believe this is a tug-duty jeep, it is being used buy the road crew to move an air compressor around. now, i will attempt to post a picture, and if it works it will be the first time it has...i use to email them to Jon to post...

hope all the old gang is well and a big hello to all the new ones. and porkchop, last i saw you were in the sandbox. glad to see you back.

Jay

[img][/img]

well - i give up on that. can i email this picture to somebody to post up?