Stencil progress
Post by binfordm715 on Sept 19, 2006, 2:23pm

I was just finishing up the second hood stencil about half an hour ago when Jennifer showed up with the camera.

Here's a shot of the temporary parking area for the M715 with the trusses leaning against the outside of the structure (braced on the other side!) I've got 23 of those suckers; 30 feet wide. It's going to make for a very nice travel trailer storage/M715 parking/shop in the next few weeks.....

While I was beginning to remove the stencils from the passenger side, Jennifer got this nice shot of the driver's side, which I had done about 1/2 hour before. It turned out pretty good!

I blew it on the rear TP40 stickers and the fuel caution--I let the paint dry too much, so the lettering just pulled right up with the stencils. (Beast, I'll be in touch for replacements soon!)

So here I pulled the stencil right after I shot the paint.

A little bit of the inner parts of the stencils to pull out, being careful not to smear yellow on my green.....

It worked just fine! I'm absolutely thrilled with it! Paint's still wet, but hopefully it will be dry enough (and not raining) when I pick Nick up from school in three hours. He'll be seriously surprised if I show up in the M715!