Thread: Well its home now.

Default Well its home now.

Diesel 150.00, Mcdonalds 7.00, Jacked up toll roads between OK and Kansas City 20.00. Saving a bundle bringing my new beast home....................Priceless. Drove 22 hours straight thru but finally got it home. Looks like it will take very little time to get it back on the road.

So how do you get a giant truck off a trailer with no brakes. LOL You have a friend with a wrecker.

No longer on the hunt.

Well it started with Rollie, then Hewl worked on it a bit now its time to finish this beast. Hewl did a very nice job blending the firewalls, and mounting the vintage air A/C and heat. The motor and drive train looks solid just needs some loose ends finished up. The body mounts for the bed need some help and the bed needs moved forward a hair. Also need to trim off the excess frame and build bumpers. Looks to be a good start on what I have always wanted to build. Also a big fan of the Diesel. Final plan is OD green, OD soft top, 42' tires, 5:13's and an Atlas. Thing has great potential to be a daily/weekend crawler.
    No longer on the hunt.

looks nice, but it's hard to tell w/just those couple pics...

we need more pics

and as for getting it off, we just loose the straps and ride it off... it's kinda like roller coaster feeling LOL

Hmm, two new guys about 30 miles apart in the same week. That truck has been around the Zone for many, many years. Enjoy and welcome.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Yeah it would of looked like a monster truck crashing thru the alley and fences around here. LOL

Pics huh.

On 37's when Rollie had it

Drivetrain

A/C and seat

Dual batteries

No longer on the hunt.

Shoooooootttt... that's a fine looking truck.
    Always loved the light blue/white combo (leftovers from my VW days)