Thread: M715 Fording Video

Default M715 Fording Video

I thought this was cool from the M715 video so I took this excerpt out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgAs4NHwPzQ
    1967 M715 w/ 454 and TH400

THAT'S ITTT! That's got to be the truck I have in the garage right now!

(mumbling sounds here): danged ole' rust bucket- piece of squid junk- stupid tetanus laden......

very nice... is the entire vid online somewhere?
    Thanks for posting

Isnt that from "The M715 Story" video?

http://www.vintagevideostore.com/Mer...ct_Code=DVD441
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Isnt that from "The M715 Story" video?

http://www.vintagevideostore.com/Mer...ct_Code=DVD441
    Yep.

I have the whole video but for some reason it is cut into 2 sections and it won't let me copy the 2nd section.

I'll see if I can get the whole thing up.

By the way, if someone owns that DVD, ignore the copyright and post it on youtube as US Military videos don't carry a copyright since we all paid for them...
    1967 M715 w/ 454 and TH400

Personally, I think it is a bad idea to post it online. The company that put it in the unique format DOES have a copyright to it just like I do for the unique versions of the manuals I have made here on the site...plus, what is the incentive for a company to put another video together in the future of anything to do with the M715 family, or anything else, if their work and investment just gets uploaded and given away by the first guy to buy it?
    Last edited by brute4c; December 14th, 2009 at 11:47 PM.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Personally, I think it is a bad idea to post it online. The company that put it in the unique format DOES have a copyright to it just like I do for the unique versions of the manuals I have made here on the site...plus, what is the incentive for a company to put another video together in the future of anything to do with the M715 family, or anything else, if their work and investment just gets uploaded and given away by the first guy to buy it?

If I've asked for any legitamatly copyrighted material to be pirated/published as that was not my intent. From the short clip it looked as if it were probably .gov material that the US taxpayer had already paid for a long time ago.

please excuse spelling in the above. I went back to edit and there is no edit button.

That short clip is from the larger video from the vintagevideostore. If you want to see it, then order the whole M715 video. It has much more footage than and is actually kind of neat. I agree with Jon. Posting the video would be a violation of copyright laws. Now if you go locate the original source of the video, then you could post it to your hearts content.

From recent cases, I think most courts do not consider a mechanical reproduction to create a new copyright, although there's still lots of discussion on this topic. I remember one ruling that scanning a public domain painting (a piece of historic artwork) did not give the person a right to claim copyright on the resulting digital files, as there was no creative effort put into the work. It seems the same would apply to repackaging public domain videos - unless there was additional creative effort put into the work, the result is still public domain. The editing, sequence the videos are shown in, etc, is creative effort (assuming a decent job was done), so you could use that to say the whole video could not be redistributed, but individual clips shown as they were originally filmed, with no additional creative input, would still be public domain, and can be redistributed freely.

At least, that's my non-lawyer (kill them all!) analysis.
    --Randy