Thread: Bridge Plate Yellow Paint

Default Bridge Plate Yellow Paint

It has been a few years ago but in my search to find matching paint I found this. Carquest Premium Tractor & Implement Enamel in School Bus Yellow part #14-267. This is a spray can. I had bought all sorts of stuff trying to find a match to the original yellow. This is pretty darn close, in fact it is hard for me to tell the two apart. Just thought I would share this as I ran across the old spray can tonight.

I used Sherwin Williams acrylic enamel in a spray bomb can. Seemed to match exactly. Yes I said acrylic, and it was my first time using acrylic or latex or water base paint from a spray/bomb can. It worked amazing and looked perfectly smooth. I was impressed.

But I look at the bigger trucks, the 6X6s, and their bridge plates are green. I think even the m38, and m37s are green. Why are m715s yellow?
    Feast or famine,

Some are green and some are yellow...I dont remember the distinction but it can be either.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

1971 is when the military started switching over from single color to the 4 color camo paint schemes. The bridge plates changed color as well with the new trucks coming in with new paint. It doesn't do any good to hide the truck only to have the bright yellow cirlce on the front.

That being written, I have never seen anything but yellow and CARC green bridge plates in person. Which leaves about 11 years of production out. I have seen pictures from the 1970's of green plates, but since CARC wasn't out yet. I have no idea what paint or shade they are.

My non CARC original 1971 M35A2 painted 4 color camo truck has a CARC bridge plate. It looks like it has been there a long time by the rusted bolts holding it on. The truck went through a Toole depot rebuild in 1989, so it probably got swapped out then or maybe not. I just can't account for the 1970's.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Thank you for answering my question
    Feast or famine,

Many of the older green bridge plates are yellow underneath.