Good afternoon all, its been awhile since I've posted anything, I've been pressing on with the restoration of my 715 and its going pretty good so far. First off, I dont remember who told me to check ebay for parts I might need, but I wanted to say thanks for the tip, I've found everything I've needed so far, its amazing how many NOS parts are still out there for these trucks.

Second, I saw a thread awhile back where someone asked if there was anyway to find out what the original reg numbers were on the hood. I got lucking on mine cause when it was painted fire colors they didnt even bother to sand it, just painted over everything, so I was able to wetsand where the decals were at and found my reg numbers.

This is the part I hope helps: Since they were coming off anyway for new paint I just sanded them off with my DA sander and I had to go all the way to bare metal to get out some deep scratches. Thats when I saw that the decals left outlines of the letters & numbers etched into the metal.

That might be something to try if anyones missing the reg numbers.

Thanks again for everyones advise so far on my project.