Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Gears?

Default Aftermarket Gears?

First I Appologize If This Has Already Been Covered.
    I Am EXTREMELY New To This, Well As Of Tuesday This Week Anyways (1/19)

I Am Going To Be Restoring An M715 Back To Stock (on the outside) That I Purchased This Week, And I Want To Keep The Original Axles. My Question Is What Are My Options On Gears?

Ill Be Getting A Complete Set Up From Novak To Put A Chevy 350 In It. But I Want A Better Gear Ratio

Will A Standard Dana 60/70 Ring Gear Work With These Axles Or Are They Odd Ball?

Tuesday I Purchased This M715 From Vintagemilitarytrucks.com.
    And Im Trying To Go Back And Get A 5 Ton 6x6

Welcome to the zone. If you search, you'll find several threads on gearing options.

Easy on the caps

The gears are a bit less than common...the only ratio available is 4.56...other than stock.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

That Would Be Perfect! Where Do I Need To Look?

Please dont type in all caps...the site program automatically makes them first letter capped only...THANKS!

You can call Reider Racing and get the info...make sure you specify these are for an M715 and make sure the guy on the phone knows what an M715 is...most of their people do...

Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM CST
    Phone: Toll-Free 877-465-5729
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Nothing against the Novac adapter as it is a nice piece of work, but if you are going to that expense you might want to think about just getting a NV4500 transmission to connect up to the motor. The expense of the OD transmission would be offset by the gearing and adapter savings. That way you would have the stock gears to crawl if you wanted to and still be able to drive 70mph on the highway.
    Add a locker to the rear and you have one heck of a truck!! Not to mention you would have a fully syncro smooth shifting transmission to boot.
    भगवान तुम्हें प्यार करता है

Apologize, that's just the way i was taught to type.

Thanks a bunch. I will be calling them monday!

Will the NV4500 bolt up to the 205? or what ever t-case is in these things

The t-case is a divorced unit so any 2wd transmission will work. Another upgrade that I should have mentioned if this is going to be a daily driver or taken on long trips. Swap in a chebby/Dodge NP205. Just as strong as the stock NP200 but with much better manners.
    There are several t-cases that will bolt right up to a 4wd NV4500 and you can probably get an adapter to mate the 4500/205 directly.
    भगवान तुम्हें प्यार करता है

Im and install tech at an off road shop, so installing gears i can do. plus probably get them at my cost mostlikely. after buying that M813 money is going to be a little tight. i may have to do the motor and rear gears for now to get me by, then down the road do the tranny and the tcase. do you/ya'll think it would be better to just buy a new NV4500?