Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who besides Memphis carries windshield cowl seal?

Default Who besides Memphis carries windshield cowl seal?

I need a new windshield to cowl seal for Big Cheese so I sent an email to Memphis to see if they had one. No go, out of stock! Who else carries these?

Memphis is the only place that had new ones built. I am sure some of the other surplus places might have some on the shelf. If they are new however, they came from Memphis.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Yep.
    Memphis took the initiative and had a run of the seals made when there were no others in existance to sell. Not sure how many they had to have made in a run...maybe 1000 if I remember right...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Check with VPW, I am certain that is where I picked mine up from and they were new, not 40 year old NOS stuff.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Everybody except Memphis is buying the new production windshield seals from Memphis and reselling them...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

The cowl seal appears to be very much like a 55-71 CJ unit at a casual look. A closer look might tell if there are any major differences. I will try to find a couple to compare,,,,,,
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    The cowl seal appears to be very much like a 55-71 CJ unit at a casual look. A closer look might tell if there are any major differences. I will try to find a couple to compare,,,,,,
    I noticed that as well when I was removing the pieces of the M715 seal. Unfortunately, I don't have a CJ to compare and the old M715 broke apart like a slice of dry toast. Let me/us know what you find out.

I have wanted for a while to take a M38A1 windshield and put it next to the M715 one. The wiper motors are the same and so are the little stands that keep the frame off the hood when it is laid down.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by randyscycle View Post
    Check with VPW, I am certain that is where I picked mine up from and they were new, not 40 year old NOS stuff.
    Sent them an email, too but have not heard back.

On a different subject, I measured a bunch of stuff this weekend for your other project at it looks promising. Give me a call when you get a chance.

Ask at steve@vintagepowerwagons.com in Fairfield / Iowa. He is the guy in the sales. But I do not know, if they still have NOS.
    Wolf