couldnt figure out where to put this, so i put it in open forum......

http://bigelectric.com/dc/dcboard.ph...id=12038&page=

this is the answer to the question of Torino 230 Tornado performance parts

Yes, it is that engine. The Torino car, designed by Kaiser (IKA stands for Industrias Kaiser Argentina) used the Tornado engine till seventysomething when they replaced it with a Torino engine. Very very similar, same CID, though it has 7 main bearings and some work on the heads. Tornado engine has a long stroke and 4 mains allow for a lot of crankshaft flex.
As a starter, there was a special edition of the Torino with Tornado engine, called 380W that had a special intake with 3 45/45 Weber carbs.
I`ve seen this carb/manifold setup for sale but It was pricey as it`s a collector item.

This car (380W) arrived first in the 84hrs of Nurburgring race in 69 though they disqualify them because of a blown exhaust that should have been replaced during the race. That happens when you are from third world and you beat Porsche and Ferrari in Europe, their own backyard.

Cams are made here for this engines, headers also. I will check for everything else with a friend that`s a local torino Guru.
IKA also built the Jeep Gladiator here with this engine though no 4wd version.
I know Torino 7 bearing engines will bolt up to the same trannies and accesories as Tornados.
I will ask this guy (probably next monday) about cams, intakes and what else is available for them,

Now I have to ask, How on earth did you come up with IKA (bought later by Renault Argentina) and the Torino?

Juan Emilio Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina