Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What has been the most fun you have had in your truck?

Thumbs up What has been the most fun you have had in your truck?

I have only had mine M715 since Oct.'09 and have not driven it too much, still a driving project. But...

Coming home from work at one of the busiest intersections in Louisville, KY at a stop light, waiting for the green, middle of traffic thinking to myself 'don't quit, don't quit' (before the carb was overhauled). I glanced out the window down to my left and this little kid in the car next to me, his window half way down, both hands on the top of the glass, peering above his window says, "Neat truck Mister".

That little kid, maybe 7 or 8 years old left an everlasting impression on me. I will never forget that! WHAT FUN! Ken
    Thanks for all the help!

One of the coolest things about owning and actually driving them is all the attention. It can be annoying at the gas station when you run into a gabby wannabe, but I never tire of answering the questions of the kids
    भगवान तुम्हें प्यार करता है

Some good friends have a little girl, I have all boys. They always tease me because whatever she says, I do instantly. We have a lot of summer bonfires, she always wants to take several trips around the yard in it. She was crying one day because her mom said something about me selling a jeep to someone else we know. Once she realized it wasn't the M715 she calmed down...LOL So yeah, impressing the kiddos is a great part of it.

I also like my alone time in the Jeep doing stupid pet tricks like:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDUNA3rWluA
    Last edited by Doug; March 19th, 2010 at 04:03 PM.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

And Doug always wonders why he breaks axle shafts....hehehe - he truly is an off-road madman. I watched him almost endo Jill's wrangler once.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Mine is an ugly, rusty, fire engine yellow winch truck with a J cab. Everywhere I go in it, men stop and stare while most women quickly turn away like it hurts them to look at it. I often hear guys say "COOL TRUCK" and then hear their wives/girlfriends tell them how stupid they are. AND I LOVE doing 45-50 on the freeway to see how many fingers I can get!

I spent the last 15 years pushing trees over fighting brush fires in NJ with mine when it was brush truck, so putting it back to mostly stock and driving it will be a new chapter for me for the former Helmetta Brush36

Duane

Going to a benefit show for the local Veterans Hospital and talking to the Vets about the 725.

I met my boyfriend because of my truck, so I'll let your imaginations run wild...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mac View Post
    Mine is an ugly, rusty, fire engine yellow winch truck with a J cab. Everywhere I go in it, men stop and stare while most women quickly turn away like it hurts them to look at it. I often hear guys say "COOL TRUCK" and then hear their wives/girlfriends tell them how stupid they are. AND I LOVE doing 45-50 on the freeway to see how many fingers I can get!
    Pictures!!

I have to admit I like the attention the truck gets.
    Some of the people that like it surprise you.
    Just yesterday I used it to run to the store and buy groceries.
    A middle age nice looking, refined women was walking out of the store as I was pulling in to park.
    She was smiling and checking out the truck, she said awesome truck and just keep smiling and walking.
    Last week I did an St Patrick’s Day parade and ending up with my Mom in the front (79 years young) and about 12 friends and family in the back driving around town wishing everybody a happy St. Patrick’s Day. That was a lot of fun.
    Last summer camping on the beach for a week and just cruising the beach with the truck, even winched a guy out that had gotten stuck.

Just updating this post with a couple of pictures my niece just sent me.

Last edited by stranman; August 27th, 2010 at 08:32 AM.