Thread: Need Dimensions for Cargo Cover Wood

Default Need Dimensions for Cargo Cover Wood

Can someone provide me with the length of the vertical wood staves for the cargo cover. I did a search and found the dimensions for the troop seat wood but not for the cargo cover. Also are there suppose to be holes in the top of the Troop seat posts for bolts to hold the cargo cover staves in? I have two holes in the top of the right front post but none of the others have holes.

Thanks
    Tom

They should be 25 inches long, 2 and 1/4 wide and 7/8 thick. The six are the ones I made, from a NOS one provided to me. VPW was sold out of these. BTW, I used white oak.

The staves just drop in to the troop seat columns. The stave stops (two parallel holes) hold them from dropping in too far. The diagonal holes are for the top corners. See the corner in photo.

Scott

Well I suspect that I am missing some holes in the troop seat columns. Let me ask another question what is the distamce between the top of the troop seat columns and the cargo top corners when everything is installed? Do you have a picture of the staves installed in the troop seat column? I think that would help me understand what I am missing. I have mine cut 4' long right now and they drop all the way to the bottom of the troop seat columns and provide what looks like about the right height. I see you rounded the edges I guess I will have to get the router out and round the edges. I used 3/4" thick oak I could tell it was a little thin but it was all they had at the local Lowe's.

Thanks for the help Scott.