View Poll Results: How old are our M7xx owners?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under 25

12 6.22%
  • 25-30

19 9.84%
  • 31-35

24 12.44%
  • 36-40

29 15.03%
  • 41-45

24 12.44%
  • 46-50

34 17.62%
  • 51-55

19 9.84%
  • 56-60

16 8.29%
  • 61-65

9 4.66%
  • 66 and up

7 3.63%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: M715's Age Group

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default M715's Age Group

Since I believe most, but not all Zoner's are of the male gender, I don't fear asking this question. I was just sitting here wondering what the ages of our members is. I feel at 60 years old I'm at the top of that list. I think their's other Vietnam Era Vets in our group, so maybe my age doesn't stand alone. Hope everyone chimes in here so I don't feel so alone at the top of the age list. I think I need to stop falling asleep on the couch in the evening. That way I wouldn't be up all night thinking of these dumb questions! UGH!
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

58 here, retired Army and VietNam era also but somehow avoided going to VietNam.

I'm 30.
    Wir müssen Leben bis wir sterben

I'm 49 and only 8 month in army ...

I don't own one - yet - but will.

I'm 39.

36. I've always loved Jeeps since high school and a couple years ago I stumbled upon the M715 series when a friend took me for a ride at a Show 'n Shine. I was hooked!
    1967 M715 w/wn
    1968 M715 w WVT993 maint bed
    1969 M725

I am 51.

I wanted a M715 as a 16 yr old when we used to get a magazine called 'Rock and Dirt' and I used to see them advertised. Dad asked, Does it have power steering? Does it have air conditioning? Trying to talk me out of it of course and since I needed him to fund it at that time.

I figured at 50yrs old, I did not need to ask Dad anymore and finally got mine. He's 83 now and doing great I might add, looks at it and says 'That's one hell of a truck'! He does not remember our conversations way back when either.

Funny thing, all my cars have been hand-me-downs until the 715 and it is the only vehicle I have ever purchased. Worth every penny!
    Thanks for all the help!

Default Younger Crowd

At least this seems to be a younger crowd. My radio, flying and trains groups can't find younger enthusiasts. Most are 50 and older.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

May be a younger crowd, but remember this, it was us older guys who drove these trucks during the Vietnam War. The period in history for which they were designed for. Never again will their be a period in history like the 10 years that covered the Vietnam Era. The cars, music, political unrest, mistrust for those over 30! Glad I lived through it, and very happy I survived it.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"