Teking,
80K miles for an AMC V8? Yes, their oil pump design is not that great, but they can last for a long time. A friend of mine has a 75 Cherokee with a 360 with 220K miles, has probably changed the oil a few times in the last 29 years, and it still runs
AMC blocks are rumored to have a high nickel content, which allows for very little wear.

Quote Originally Posted by teking
Quote Originally Posted by FSJ_Guy
Why do they go puttin' Chevy motors in where Jeep motors should go??? Sheesh.... Another reason not to like that rag.... Not trying to start a flame war, but I like my AMC *Jeep* motor quite well. <g>
I have an FSJ with the AMC 360. So can only speak to the AMC 360.
I just got rid of a Dodge w/ a Dodge 360. And had a old truck in high school with a dodge 360. In my humble opinion the AMC 360 is a pile-o-crap compared to the dodge. The AMC has to be rebuilt every 80K. This is a well know problem with them. I subscribe to a few FSJ boards and everyone will tell you the same thing. If you got an AMC 360 closing in on 80k you're lookin at a rebuild. My FSJ has close to 130k was rebuilt at (you guessed it) ... motor runs great for now, but takes constant attention.