Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canvas top

Default Canvas top

I'm wanting to replace my hard top with canvas, who has the best deal? Thanks, Hambone

There are metal frame pieces that you must have in addition to the canvas top. So, unless you find one here in the classified, you might have to do some shopping around.

FYI, here are the pieces:

I agree, New Life makes top quality tops. Please know that it is a small operation and items are made to order. It may take a little time if you order a top. I spoke with the owner and the tops are complicated and not everyone can make them, it takes special skills. Be patient with them and you will be rewarded with a great piece.

surplus city has them also, they ship pretty quick, Ive had one of theirs for 4 or 5 years now, and it is still in nice shape, if you want the roll up rear window option, then new life is the only game in town.

Duane

I have all the bow supports and the snaps are still on the truck, will check out New Life Canvas. Thanks, Hambone

Quote Originally Posted by hambone View Post
    I have all the bow supports and the snaps are still on the truck, will check out New Life Canvas. Thanks, Hambone
    That's great. You are way ahead of the game. Good luck and don't forget the pictures, we love pictures...

Surplus City was a great deal for me. Got two of their seat kits and top. Top fits unbelievably well. I would gladly do business with them again.
    1969 M715 USDA FS FEPP Truck

Here is a pic of my truck, starting to sand and repaint. Serial # 32876, del. date 68, has 3200 miles on it, I believe the mileage is correct because the Goodyear tires are all stamped 11/68. No rust, this truck was maintained by fire dept until 1996, should be an easy fix, motor isn't locked up but it hasn't ran since ????.

Good on 'ya. I am envious, you have quite a potential there. Hope you keep going and keep the pictures going as well. Thanks!