More progress. Front springs have been moved under the frame to match up with the D60 kingpin perches. I didn’t like the shackle angle on the rear after the shackle flip so I carefully drilled out the rivets and welds and moved the shackle mounts forward. Front axle is ready to mount as soon as the paint dries!

I got all new glass and seals. My black vinyl stars showed up.

I got rid of the 37 x 12.5” tires and have 40” x 13.5 on the way. I was going to use my old H2 rims but after a few hours grinding and smoothing corroded chrome enough to get some OD green on them I decided it wasn’t going to look good and ordered some beefy steel rims instead. They’re satin black and I haven’t decided if I’m going to leave them or shoot them in OD green...

I also decided to LS swap my 83 Camaro. That means the healthy 350 in it gets a new home between the frame rails of the M715. Should save lots of time on the M715 build over rebuilding the old 350 I had for it. All I need to do is swap the headers out for some centre dump manifolds I have and switch the Holley 700 DP to an Edelbrock 4 barrel with electric choke that I just got.

Next up, frame paint and getting the rear axle buttoned up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk