A really nice discovery this evening. I had three days into completely reworking a plow frame for my aunt and I had the port-o-power out to hold a mounting width while welding it up. I decided to bring the port-o-power in to spread my M715 frame. I set the length for the frame, took a measurement, then started to pump up the pressure. There was nothing there....? I had just used it and it worked fine. I went to get hydraulic oil to fill it. Then I had a thought. Check the motor mounts. I had an older used set from my jeep CJ 225 V6 sitting there. The 350 and the 225 share the same mount. I took the new mounts off and sure enough. They looked the same but they were not the same. The rubber was thicker. My V6 mounts were 2.5 inches from the metal to hole center. The new mounts were 2 7/8 same measurement. There is my problem. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my frame. I would believe the computer at my favorite parts store is wrong and I think these are mounts for a Buick 455. I put the old used mounts on to check all this. The motor went right in. Bolts slid home without any problems. I will get the correct new mounts. But for now I can keep fitting everything and get a game plan for this coming winter. I like it when things go like this.
I don't know where the nudge to check the mounts came from. But I am grateful for it.

All set up ready to start wrecking stuff...

Wrong mount on the left. There is my nearly full inch loss in width.

Thats more like it.

Onward.