Thread: Does anyone know what happened to AB LInn parts, Surplus city, or Saturn Surplus?

Default Does anyone know what happened to AB LInn parts, Surplus city, or Saturn Surplus?

Alot of the venders I used to restore my truck have closed up. and it seems the parts didnt make it anywhere else. Does anyone know if they were scrapped or did someone else buy them? It use to be relatively easy to get parts for these trucks other than the normal hard to find parts. Now other than Memphis, who I have used in the past with success, most have dried up.

Duane

AB Linn died. I don’t know what happened to his inventory.

Saturn Surplus as their website says is closing down.

Frontline has had things I wanted in the past:

http://www.flmv.net/

Vintage power wagon still has M715 stuff the last time I called. Don’t trust their website, call.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

It used to be pretty easy to find parts. Years ago.. But now it is a challenge. When I got my truck it was to far modified to restore. It was a 44 inch tire gumbo mudder burn out machine with a 502. So it is now a modified civi adapted 1 ton camping backwoods exploration vehicle powered by a Buick 350. Preserved yes. But not original. Kudos for trying to keep one stock. Just keep em alive.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    AB Linn died. I don’t know what happened to his inventory.

Saturn Surplus as their website says is closing down.

Frontline has had things I wanted in the past:

http://www.flmv.net/

Vintage power wagon still has M715 stuff the last time I called. Don’t trust their website, call.
    Yes AB passed and I believe his kids liquidated what was left and probably scrapped the rest unfortunately.
    Saturn sold their stuff and I'm not sure if the new owners are going to keep the name or do something different.
    Surplus City from what I understand sold to John at Midwest Military and I'm not sure if he bought the M715 stuff or just the small Jeep stuff.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Yes AB passed and I believe his kids liquidated what was left and probably scrapped the rest unfortunately.
    Saturn sold their stuff and I'm not sure if the new owners are going to keep the name or do something different.
    Surplus City from what I understand sold to John at Midwest Military and I'm not sure if he bought the M715 stuff or just the small Jeep stuff.
    I just bought a gas nozzle for an old Eagle gas can on Ebay, and didnt realize until after I did that I bought it from Saturn Surplus. I looked at their ebay store and found many M715 parts on there. When I received the spout, It had Saturns address, and Marks name on the package. I messaged them but didnt get a reply. would really like to buy a exhaust pipe set from them. I would even take the 2.5 hour drive to pick it up if they didnt want to ship them. gonna try calling them Monday on the phone to see if they answer.