Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulbs

Default Bulbs

Sorry about this I had searched it out, but now I can't find the threads I'm looking for so I'll ask this again. I would like to know the bulb numbers for 12v replacements for the front and rear turn/stop lamps.

I matched the smaller bulb up to a #631(which is available everywhere around me but not orderable???), I think I remember reading that a #67 would also work, even though it's only a single filament bulb. Is this correct? Next, did I read that the larger bulb can be replaced with a #1156? It seems to me that at least one of the two bulbs would have to be a double filament for the whole stop/tail/turn combo to work. I'm just trying to get everything lined up so that I can get the back wired up this weekend. Thanks

Mine uses the small bulb as the running light and the larger one which is a 1156 for the stop/turn. This is the way I recieved the truck, just kept it the same.

We have a page in the manuals that shows the same bulbs in different voltages, 6, 12 and 24:

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/pages/man...rsionChart.pdf

Is there a list of the "original" 24 volt bulbs anywhere? And where they are used? The bulbs in my truck have no numbers.

From Appendix 2, -34 Maintenance Manual:

Lamp bulb trade numbers:
    Headlight 4801
    Front parking light 1683 (1), 1251 (2)
    Stop, tail, and directional signal 1683 (1), 1251 (2)

Indicator Light:
    Headlight beam 1829 (aka: high beam dash light)
    Directional signals 313 (aka: light in turn signal housing for either the Spartan style turn signal switch or the more modern style switch with the solid state flasher unit and built in hazard lights.)

Indicator Light:
    Cluster 1829 (aka: dash lights)
    Heater control 1829
    Last edited by brute4c; May 6th, 2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: added info on bulb for newer turn signal switch

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Directional signals 313 (aka: light in turn signal housing for the Spartan style turn signal switch)
    That would be different from the modern turn-signal switch indicator light, wouldn't it? I have the burned-out bulb, but there's no number on it. I was hoping to save the poor NAPA guy from a long and miserable search for a 24V bulb based on just an unmarked sample!

Anyone know the bulb number for that? (Even if it's a 12V number, at least they have a starting point!) This is the bulb under the green cover on the solid-state turn signal switch.

Like this one:

Last edited by Binford; May 5th, 2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Added a pic I found
    -- Tim Taylor

It would be a different one.

Seems to me someone...maybe Lee...had to replace one when going to the LED lights...I'll look for info...thought we had this somewhere...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I'm stopping by NAPA in a little bit. I'll post up if I learn anything.
    -- Tim Taylor

They came up dry. I'll check on eBay. Or some of the usual military vehicle sources. And the Wanted forum here.
    -- Tim Taylor

I saw 2 different numbers listed on Steel Soldiers...the 313 that we have for the Sparton switch and the 1683 that is used out in the housings for the turn signal...though one person had listed 1863 from memory, though he wasnt sure and I think its the 1683 confused...though they both listed that under the turn signal switch bulb...

The 1683 is kind of like an 1157 in 24 volts...basically...hard to believe that is it.

The 313 looks like this:

http://www.amazon.com/GE-26212-Minia.../dp/B002CYU980

I have never been in the later style switch so I dont have a clue what the bulb looks like...sorry.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!