Thread: Wiring problem with new turn signal block

Default Wiring problem with new turn signal block

Updated the turn signal block from the old hollow state unit to the newer solid state one, with the modern wiring harness, etc. I tried following the article on the Zone here that has to do with the hookup of the wires, but it is a little confusing to me. Here's a pic of what I have to deal with. There are 7 loose wires that all require hookup. They are labeled: GRD, 22, 460, 461, 460/22, 461/22, and 461/460. I have also marked a circle representing the bolt hole for mounting the turn signal block to the wall. If anyone can give me a clear picture of what I have to hook to what, I'd appreciate it.

The solid state box mounts at the same location as the old box. The ground from that plug goes to one of the bolts that hold it to the firewall.

460/461 goes to terminal J on the back of the 3 lever switch.

461/22 goes to your drivers side rear blinker/brake light.

461 goes to your drivers side front blinker/marker light

460/22 goes to your passenger side rear blinker/brake light.

460 goes to your passenger side front blinker/marker light.

22 goes to terminal C on the back of the 3 lever switch.

This help?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    The solid state box mounts at the same location as the old box. The ground from that plug goes to one of the bolts that hold it to the firewall.
    460/461 goes to terminal J on the back of the 3 lever switch.
    461/22 goes to your drivers side rear blinker/brake light.
    461 goes to your drivers side front blinker/marker light
    460/22 goes to your passenger side rear blinker/brake light.
    460 goes to your passenger side front blinker/marker light.
    22 goes to terminal C on the back of the 3 lever switch.

This help?
    Not exactly. You informed me where the OTHER end of the wires go, but not where the WIRING BLOCK-SIDE ENDS go to. In other words, what should I connect these loose ends to? (they aren't that long, they can't possibly get connected all the way to the rear tail lights, for example).

Grd goes to ground...I used one of the mounting screws.

The other wires need to hook to wires that used to go to the distribution box...the letters below are the ones on the metal tags of the dist box wires and they hook to the numbered wire next to them:

A---461/460

B---22

E---460/22

K---461-22

J---460

L---461

There is 1 table on the turn signal conversion page... is has this info...heres a link to the page:

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?...signal_convert

The Original Wire column is what the wires were marked originally with the distribution box and the New Harness Wire column is what the original wire needs to be hooked to on the new harness to function correctly.

That's a great response, brute - just what I needed. Will hook up everything as per your instructions when I go home after work.

Brute's instructions should do you well. I was in the exact same boat you're in a year ago and brute saved my bacon!
    -- Tim Taylor

Cool beans - hooked up everything as you all said, except the previous owner (Bubba J. Fartzenpicken) spliced two wire together, namely "J" and "23". J goes to 460, sure, and I note that 23 is for the rear blackout stop light. How should I go about correcting this wiring problem to ensure everything works right?

Thanks for the help.

#23 should be hooked directly to Pin N of the 3 lever light switch...maybe it is hanging around cut off somewhere...under the dash maybe...

Worse comes to worse....pull the 3 lever and find Pin N...after you take the cannon plug off the back you can see the pin letters on the plug...then splice to the wire coming out of that pin...or follow that wire and find the other end but if it is all still in the harness, might be easier to just splice it at the plug.