Thread: shackle flip

Default shackle flip

Those of you that have done a SOA and flipped the rear shackle noticed any difference in ride or handling? Just curious of any likes or dislikes to getting a level ride this way.

I'm surprised I missed this thread.... I would like to know too. I assume there is no difference in ride, since the springs are the same. Except maybe center of gravity is almost half a foot higher. The main reason is to get bigger rubber on for more axle clearance, so that will change the ride, speed, RPM etc. Sooooo.... I'm sure everyone that has done it has changed a bit more than just the height so there would obviously be change in the ride. bla bla bla... I'm rambling.

I would like to know if there are zoners that would like to change back to stock after doing the lift. If there is a bit of guilt for changing such a great truck from stock.
    Go Ahead, Make my day

The only person I know that was thinking of reversing back to stock, was so-cal Sally.

Nope, never flipped my shackles. My hoopty had a block in the rear. Was 'going to' change the ghetto block out for a shackle flip , but never got around to it. However, the rig had a spring over in front. Worked great. You have to address the steering though. The springs will be in your way. My steering was flipped on top of the arms. Last that i had the truck i was working on machining out the arms.. but then i sold the truck.

You can find tons of pics here... just scroll around.

http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
    adventureduo.com