Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow headlights

Default Yellow headlights

I've seen some pictures of our trucks with the yellow headlights installed. I'm guessing that they were used while in europe. I just think they look cool and want to find a set, but can't. I saw one set for sale on ebay about a month ago, but somebody snagged them from under me. that's the only set for sale I've ever seen. I'm sure they were used on m151's, m35's, etc in europe or whatever, but you never see them. If anyone knows where or why they were used, or knows where to find a set I'd appreciate any info. Thanks
    1968 M715 W/Winch

Try the normal surplus places too. This comes up on SS every few weeks and it seems people are finding them because they keep getting talked about. I haven't paid attention though and can't tell you a specific source. If I see something else, I will actually read it instead of scanning next time.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I think Adirondack Dodge sells them.
    1969 M715 WO/W

I think you had better check with local laws before driving your MV with them because they may be a no no in some locations.
    Zone holster maker

Default Your search is over, scottprop!

I had a car-nut friend in high school (we were ALL car nuts, but this guy was over the top!) who liked the yellow-headlight look. He was told by the local police one day that it was illegal in Washington state to have headlights in anything other than stock, white-ish.

Anyway, what he did was take a yellow felt marker and cover the regular headlight. Worked great! (And after the cops stopped him, all it took was an alcohol pad or two to take it off!)
    -- Tim Taylor

I don't think I would have any trouble with the law around here. It's still somewhat rural, and I know most of the police. I've seen a few military vehicles with them and think they look cool/ different. I called Saturn Surplus and they used to have some but were sold out. I think the ones on Adirondak Dodge are just bulbs, and not the whole sealed beam. I might try the highlighter trick, or try the Krylon stained glass paint. just thought someone might have known where I could get a set. Thanks
    1968 M715 W/Winch

I think the idea is cool. Are these available commonly in Europe in 12 Volts? If so, you could order some and I'm sure you could reduce the voltage to the headlight circuit if your truck is still 24v.

Until recently, ALL headlights in France had to be yellow. IIRC, they thought they offered better visibility.

I've searced on google, called just about every supplier, and I still can't find a set. I swear you'd think they don't exist. There is a picture on SS of an M715, and low and behold he's sporting a set of the aforementioned headlights. Doesn't anyone know where to get a set, or want to get rid of a set they took of their truck? Let me know. Thanks
    1968 M715 W/Winch

-- Tim Taylor