Thread: Finally home and 715 driving great...

Default Finally home and 715 driving great...

Well I got back last Friday from 4 months in Texas and immediately went back to work on the M715. I had an exhaust leak on the 300 6cyl before i left and a nasty miss so I went to work on those two immediatly. Got the exhaust problem fixed and replaceded the cap and rotor after a timing light revealed that #2 and #6 were firing every now and then instead of steady (switched some wires around to confirm it wasn't the wires). Then I decided to do a compression test and found 1 and 5 were showing no compression what-so-ever. Starting to get frustrated at this point so I double checked the timing visually with the #1 at TDC and the rotor button pointing at #1 yep thats right... SO I was thinking valve problem but the head has no mileage on it and shouldn't have any issues. I decided to try adjusting the valves with the valve cover off... I have never seen oil shoot that far. I am going to have to clean it off the siding on my house...

I fiddled with the #1 rocker with my wife cranking with me on a wrench and all the sparkplugs out and the compression guage on #1. For some reason it showed perfectly acceptable reading on the guage before I turned the nut a 1/4 turn.. Put the guage in 5 before I even messed with it and it had good compression.. I am baffled as to why it did this unless I was getting fuel washing out those two cylinders right before i tested it the first time.

With my confidence in the motor returning I decided to take it for a spin and it will flat haul some anus now heh. Stops good too. I am thinking about taking it to the dixie run at tellico next weekend if anyone is gonna be there. I have a few things to finish up on it but nothing that prevents me from driving it just need to clean up the wiring a little and modify the transmission cover.

Specs: Ford 300 6cyl bored .040 over, 240 head ported polished, comp rv cam, sealed power pistons, steel crank, pertronix distributer and flame thrower coil, clifford intake and headers, MC2100 2bl, SM435 tranny, divorced NP205, Dana 70 rear and 44 front 3.73 gears, high steer arms, and 33" procomp mud terrains.

The 300 looks like it was meant to be there =)

Enjoy!! Sounds like you have earned some seat time!
    Pics would be nice...