Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMC 360 Swap (tried search already)

Default AMC 360 Swap (tried search already)

so apparently "amc" and "360" are too short to search for... and "engine swap" is a HUGE net to cast... so i am up the creek when trying to search for any info on the amc 360 swap.

i'm wanting to do a propane 360... i know it can be done. just wanted to search for some info.

anyone care to take the time to help me out?

i'm sifting through the "engine swap" posts right now

I hear your frustration on the search engine. I can't give you much info on the swap though. I know they fit, I've seen it. The guy with "The Big Scary Jeep", sorry I don't remember his nick, has done it. I'd look for him to ask.

ya the zone search is bad... try this link...not sure what info you wanted and i didn't read any of them

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22am...n&start=0&sa=N

also search the zone for other info using google

http://www.google.com/help/cheatsheet.html

Dont know anyone who has done a propane 360...

Easy fix on the search....add * to the 3 lette terms and you will get the results you seek. The * is a wildcard...essentially it can be any character.

So typing in "360*" will give you every post with 360 in it.

What are you putting behind the AMC 360? I have, er- HAD a 715 with an AMC360, TH400 and QT.

The stock 360 motor mounts bolt up right to the frame. A custom crossmember is real easy to do due to the stock mounting flanges on the inside of the frame.

Put a civillian radiator support in and you can run the AMC V8 radiator, too.

Quote Originally Posted by FSJGuy View Post
    What are you putting behind the AMC 360? I have, er- HAD a 715 with an AMC360, TH400 and QT.
    that's pretty much want i want to run... but an atlas t-case.

The stock 360 motor mounts bolt up right to the frame. A custom crossmember is real easy to do due to the stock mounting flanges on the inside of the frame.
    yeah... i am a very visual person, so picures really help.

stock rad only, or any aftermarket (ie 3 core+) rad will work?

The stock AMC 360 radiator can be found in 2 row or 3 row varieties. BJ's Offroad has a nice aluminum rad, too, but quite spendy.

I'll try and get some pix before the new owner picks up the truck. But it really just looks like every other AMC360 installed on an SJ platform.

Quote Originally Posted by FSJGuy View Post
    How'd you get the civvy radiator support in? I was tinking about putting a FSJ radiator in since it's got the correct outlets for the Ford motor in my truck. Did you cut and weld or can you unbolt that front piece? I've never had to take one apart so I don't know.

Do a search for "Radiator Support" in the Modified board and you'll get a bunch of info on this sort of thing. Here's one: Radiator for V8?
    -- Tim Taylor

The actual radiator support can be unbolted from the front valance panel (the part where the turn signal deletes are welded onto). Swap one out for the other and only YOU will know the difference, until you open the hood and show everyone, of course. <g>