Thread: Looking for 2 things seats and reciever hitch

Default Looking for 2 things seats and reciever hitch

I need some new seat springs for my stock seats and was wondering if anyone had a source or knew how to make some.

Also wondering what model FSJ had the right reciever hitch with minimal mods for our trucks.

TIA!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I found that Weebee Webbing has foam and covers to replace the stock springs for less than $250.

I'd suppose a J truck hitch would fit, but I haven't done it myself so not 100% on that. I did have a Reese hitch on my Ranger, which was a sort of universal, adjustable width affair and it worked really well. When I sold the Ranger I took it off, changed the width and bolted it right onto my Grand Cherokee without more than hand tools. The application list at the time listed a ton of vehicles it fit.

While the Weebee Webbing foam may be pre-cut and all, you can pick up some high-density foam padding from your local craft store for quite a bit less than $150 and cut it yourself with an electric carving knife (the kind with the two blades that slide back and forth against each other). Works like a charm. Then just get the canvas covers for $100.

As for the receiver hitch, check with Fisherman if he doesn't pop up here. I think he used a J-truck receiver hitch setup on his and would have a sure answer for you.
    -- Tim Taylor

I actually bought the canvas and foam from SCJ when they were running the sale this summer. In their instructions they list reusing the stock springs or getting new ones. Well mine doesn't have the springs at all so reusing them isn't really an option. I figured it might be something that rusts out and replaced by the PO (fire dept) with just some foam. My hind end feels the plywood pretty quick though and I think it needs something a little better than just the foam.

I know I saw where someone had put on a FSJ reciever on their 715 but couldn't remember who. Hopefully he remembers the model it fits.

-Steve

So you're saying you have the foam in there now and you can bottom out on the plywood? Then you have the wrong foam. Get high-density foam, not that camping foam padding they sell at sporting goods stores. The high-density stuff will cost about $50 for about a 36-inch square of 4" foam. You will not bottom out with that stuff. I put that in my deuce seat I used for the passenger seat and it is really, really nice!

Meanwhile, my hind end bottoms out with my stock springs in the driver's seat!
    -- Tim Taylor

I had a receiver hitch on my truck. AFAIK, it was from a Grand Wagoneer. Good luck finding a J-truck hitch. They are hard to find.

Apparently, you can still get a hitch from U-haul for the Grand Wagoneer (I always tell them it's an 83. That way, I don't end up with ZJ or XJ stuff!).