Thread: A few pics

Default A few pics

I decided to post a few pics. The truck is far from done but getting close to being reliable enough to jump in and drive wherever I want to drive it. It still needs alot of work in the looks department and I plan to have it painted whenever I find a job (a few of you will remember that I was in Texas with the border patrol for most of the year while the truck sat at home in TN.

Anyhow stats on the truck are a mildly built Ford 300, SM 435, and divorced Np205, Dana 44 front with high steer arms and stock M715 tie rod and drag link, dana 70 Ford rear, power steering and power brakes and pretty much all new parts in the drivetrain as far as seals and bearings and u-joints. I just finished installing the new top and seat covers. The windshield frame was sandblasted and painted and new windshield to cab gasket and new upper door seals.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The wheels are a little bling I know but in my defense I ordered solid black and they sent me the wrong ones. Household 6 took one look at them and decided that they were the ones I was keeping heh.

The 715 has to split time with a few other toys namely this:

[IMG][/IMG]

and my new project:

[IMG][/IMG]

I decided to build the 715 as a tow vehicle and something I could use to go wherever I needed to pick up parts. I would love to have an all original one day but my needs don't really fit that right now. I plan to paint the buggy OD green as well to match the truck (someday) and have a fairly unique tow and trail combo. I am planning on keeping the truck as stock looking as possible with the exception of the motor (300 6 looks more like a 230 than a V8) and the wheels of course. The interior is going to remain fairly stock and I wired the turn signal switch to work and the 3 position light switch works. I did add a new keyed ignition although the PO had put one in before me it was just really cheap and crappy one. I might swap out the dana 44 front for a dana 60 if the funds are available one day but for now I am sure the 44 will suit my needs fine (3/4 ton trucks towed stuff for decades with it as you all know).

Lookin' good dude. I guess that border's all secure now so you're in between jobs? LOL