Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nayone buy parts from Vintage M715?

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Default Nayone buy parts from Vintage M715?

Just curious if anyone here has bought parts from Vintage M715? I have e-mailed twice now for their inventory list and have neither a response or list.

From their webpage it sounds like they have lots of parts. Is that the case, or are they stretching a bit?

They have a lot...been there a few times...
    The link up top for Vintage Power Wagons Price List is the most recent I have from them...last year I think.

They do seem to be very slow to respond to inquiries like that...dont know why. They have always been nice to me in person...

I have bought a lot of parts from them in the last few years. They have treated me right every time.

I have called them on the phone. They are verrrry slow responding to emails about the parts list. If you know what you want call them and ask.

Yep, I've been waiting since 2004 for my list to come. I just call them when I need to know if they have it and what the price is.

if you call them they will send the list which is in book form to you however it has only the most popular items listed you still have to call for alot of the items so much isnt listed, they told me they havent even laid eyes on at least half the inventory they got since they bought out highland truck several yrs ago it is so much stuff. i know a friend of mine went to higland a yr or so before they sold out and he said it was beyond imagination all that they had there not jus 715 parts, although vpw only got the 715 parts i dont know who got the other parts. its ironic now i live only an hour from the old highland place if they were just still there...
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

I, along with some others have snooped through the inventory. You can't build a complete new truck from the ground up...but darn close.

As everyone said above, it is best to call them, or better yet visit them in person if your have that option.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Thanks everyone! It sounds like I need to get on the phone then....I just need a lot of little stuff; weatherstripping, transfer case seals, a rear brake hose, etc....

I have dealt with AB Linn and Memphis and had good luck there too, but thought I'd expand my sources a bit.

memphis an ab often have the brake hoses on ebay i got a set of all 3 from memphis on ebay for 30 plus shipping which,more an more is getting to be as much or more than what im buying
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Note that VPW has had NEW hoses made to replace the NOS, 40 plus year old ones, others are selling.
    When it comes to brakes, your life depends on them..the new hoses are my choice...the NOS ones...I think they are too old to be reliable in life and death systems now.