Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: back in the saddle again.

Default back in the saddle again.

Been taking a break from the truck for a couple of years while we got the home-front situated.

New shop is about done and got my taurus electric fan upgrade done as well, now the temps stay constant at 180* even in daily traffic.

Some pics of the new shop and various other stuff:

My ABSOLUTE most favoritest tool EVER:

next project: 14 bolt seal leaking

14 bolt rear with great lakes offroad cover, and disc brakes.

I worked my buttocks off on this Xmember for my tranny/xfer, would have been a lot easier on a lift:

The 205 is clocked WAY up, almost flat:

front steering:

rot under the driver side:

Further back is a little better:

Rot under rear floor support:

AA motor mounts:

Passenger run on exhaust (TIGHT):

I've said it before and its still absolutely true...your skill level and finished product are top shelf. What a work of art.

That hoist sure makes taking them pics easy...among a million other things...NICE.

Thanks for the kind words Jon. They mean a lot in this crowd.

There are still a lot of things that aren't the way I want them on my truck, but it's starting to get there. The driveline is solid. I need to put some finishing touches on the electrical (turn signals, etc). I also need to spend some time doing external paint and body work to make this thing really shine.

When I grow up I want a truck as classy as Beast, Fisherman, Randy, Barrman, Pool Mike.. and... and... and well you all know who you are, except maybe Binford...

I love that shop! The truck looks pretty good too. Well...okay, the truck looks great too! I wish to have that skill and determination someday to do my truck. Well done sir.

It'll be perfect when you address the body. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with custom ventilation in the floor pan.

Hooray, your back in action. I was thinking I might install one of those lifts. A friend of mines neighbor sells them. I was thinking of installing an 9 or 10 thousand lb. lift. It would sure make building my cj-6 a whole lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    I love that shop! The truck looks great too!
    What he said. Suh-weet!

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    Hooray, your back in action. I was thinking I might install one of those lifts. A friend of mines neighbor sells them. I was thinking of installing an 9 or 10 thousand lb. lift. It would sure make building my cj-6 a whole lot easier.
    I would have had one of these YEARS ago, but I never had the space. They are much more affordable than you would think, as long as you have someplace to mount them. And YES, they make building stuff a LOT easier. We did a clutch-job on a YJ in about 4-5 hours from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman2a View Post
    I would have had one of these YEARS ago
    My Ex-Wife has one.

Nice shop, hoist, and truck.

Enjoy