Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought gaskets..but.

Don't over tighten the valve cover gasket either, I got a little ambitious on one and cut into it enough to exaggerated the leak I was trying to stop.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

well i no longer have leaks from the new gasket..just couldnt believe its allready craking..oh well..thanks again for the ebay links.. I booked marked them..If napa gets the wrong one then ill be ordering that one..

Thanks again for all the help

Default Bought gasket..but

Good Luck on finding a pan gasket or rear seal at NAPA or ay other auto parts store, as of begining of 2007 , Fel Pro and Victor discountinued supplying the pan and rear seal. I called the Fel Pro, Victor, they told me they were discountinued. I just bought a rear seal, and pan gasket in 2006, for the 725, If I new they were going to stop making them I would have got Two, The engine gasket set is also discountinued, It sold for 85.00, Now your lucky if you can find it for 250.00, I did see one on ebay for I belive around 150.00.

Well I gave napa the part number from this forum and they cross referenced it and found it. They had to order it and pay for shipping but it appears to be the right one. If it is Ill post up the number for it.

according to this link i was given
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1962-...spagenameZWD1V

Thats the correct gasket set.

What I got is the exact thing from FELPRO.
    Ill have to post the part number tomorrow. I cant find the reciept. BUT yes I think I have the right ones.

Did you ever find the gasket yet?

oh yeah..the felpro one I have is the correct one. Ill get #'s posted tomorrow.

I bought the gasket set at Pepboy (Special order Part # FB8023SKV 8384432) This was several years ago and the cost back then was $89. It was for the civilian engine so the timing cover gasket and carb gasket wouldn't work but I believe the rest was OK. I had the same experience you had with the valve cover gasket also. Have had very good service from AB Linn also...Good Luck!

Sargetom

well, i just bought the oil pan gasket.. I think it was only around 25 bucks with special shippin.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernM715 View Post
    ..if its not it..then im gonna have to find something else.
    I may have enough gasket material left over from the Mite's carb rebuild that you could make a new gasket.