Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throttle cable clip

Default Throttle cable clip

See that "U" clip at the inside firewall? Holds the cable where it comes through? I need those and can not find anything close. There is one at the carb also. Anyone have a substitute solution?

Last edited by Binford; February 5th, 2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Pulled this question from another thread

I checked Mike's parts truck, but all the throttle stuff had already been pulled. Sorry. (Thanks to Amphi for pointing this thread out to me to check!)

Would a stock J-truck or Wagoneer have the same type of clip?
    -- Tim Taylor

My guess would be maybe...did any of the civvy ones use the same pedal we do? Pre74...worth a shot to look...

I would try Memphis Equipment...I know they have the cables and they might have the clip...if not, looks like a parts truck item...VPW has a couple of parts trucks yet I think.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

In a pinch in these situations, I have used an e-clip, and then a wave washer to apply a little tension and keep the e-clip from falling off.

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    My guess would be maybe...did any of the civvy ones use the same pedal we do? Pre74...worth a shot to look...
    I took a picture for someone once of how my stock M715 gas pedal was set up and they said it was the same as the old FSJs.
    -- Tim Taylor

My 76 J10 is different so pre74 is probably correct.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I'd bet if one were to PM Grantshire, he may be able to help out or furnish a pic of the early gas pedal. He's got a number of FSJ's and possibly even some parts to boot.......Really great guy too!

It could be too that, while the gas pedal is the same with those twin studs and such, the clip may be completely different. It would be worth looking into though.
    -- Tim Taylor

I have a '63 Wagoneer out in my field. I will try and remember to look at it tonight.

I was missing one of my clips when I got the truck and found another somewhere. but, my next step was going to be this.

Pull the entire assembly off the truck, figure out what the OD for the ends are, run a die over it and find a nut that size. It looks like a 7/16" or maybe 1/2". do it with fine thread and there is enough room to go finger tight and then about 1/4 turn with a wrench and no more. Won't be as fast to remove the next time, but it will be in there solid. I did this with my Mini a few years ago, so I know it works.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Default E Clips

I did try "E" clips but there is no size that will fit. Big ones too big and small ones too small. I tried VPW, Memphis and White Owl early on with no luck. "U" clips were common in many applications for years but now you don't see them. The auto parts stores remember seeing them but no longer have anything. May try to make some from sheet steel. Won't have the spring but may be able to secure it somehow.