Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soft top

Default Soft top

I have another m715 im working on, i have no top at all. i would like to have a soft top. what do i need? is there aftermarket? do i have to have the original bows?

You wouldn't necessarily need the original bows, but they would prove to be the simple approach to filling your requirements. There was a thread recently submitted regarding custom soft top bow fabrication. Use the search feature and you'll likely find the information regarding such customization.

Aftermarket soft tops can be purchased through a few different vendors. Their business names could be found on many of the past posts regarding such an item. New Life Resources is one such business that provides a good quality soft top with a small variety of customized options. Using the search function will likely provide the names of other vendors that provide similar aftermarket soft tops.

The soft top components you'll need are shown in a diagram found in the "Manuals" section of this web site. I believe the following link will get you to the correct section. It is a large PDF of approximately 13.5 meg. If you elect not to peruse the manuals, using the search option will likely assist you in finding previous threads dedicated to the information you have requested.

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/pages/man...ts/34P_all.pdf

ok it appears whoever made the hardtop just wrapped the original bows with sheet metal. But they cut the rear bow down to match the front so the top is flat. So my question is how much higher is the back bow than the middle one?

both bows are the same
    "An axe. A real axe. An 'I'm out of ammo, let me grab the axe', type of axe!" steelsoldier FrankUSMC

on the soft top the back of it is taller

on the soft top both bows are the same height
    "An axe. A real axe. An 'I'm out of ammo, let me grab the axe', type of axe!" steelsoldier FrankUSMC

to clarify, . . the two top bows are the same height, if you look at the pictures, the back of the cab is higher than the windshield frame, so if they cut it so the top of the cab is flat, they may have cut both down, or just shortened the middle one to make it a straight shot front to back. A picture of what you have would help clarify this. The thing to do would be to get the sheet metal off, and then see what the bows actually look like uncovered.

latest pic, im just leaarning how to post pics, bare with me.

both bows are the same height and are taller than the windsheild they also have a gradual arch to them.

when you pull your top and if the bows are original and in good shape you should be able to weld some tubing to the bottom to get them back to the right height

if your bows are non original or trashed you'll have to post on the wanted board here or keep an eye on e-bay. If you can barrow a bow from someone you might be able to make your own however the arch might be hard to do

Did you read Marks post up ^ there? if you had done a search you would have found alot of discusion about this

Did you buy or build that M715?