Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batteries Please

Default Batteries Please

How are your batteries secured in your battery box. I have 2 / 24 F interstate batteries, i have stock mounting brackets, but they don't seem to line up right. I look in my manuals but the picture doesn't show the mounting in side the box, any good pictures would be appreciated

I dont have a good pic but:

If you have the L shaped pieces, black, that go on the end of the batteries, then there are long J pieces that are threaded rods with a J hook on the bottom.

The J pieces go though the ends of the long L pieces at an angle and hook into the sides of the battery box.

Does that help at all?

I have all the parts , angled brackets, threaded rods.The problem is that the rods seem to be too long to hook up to the stock locations, Someone has modifed the battery box by drilling 4 holes thru the sides for the hold down bolts, which is wrong. I did find a illistration in the parts manaul. I wondering with the group 24 battery if you are able to use the stock mount brackets on the inside of the battery box. It looks like It might be possible, But I will have to shorten the hold down bolts to work. Just was wondering how every one else was doing it .

I put a 2x4 spacer between the two batteries. The original batteries were physically larger.

The -20 TM illustration 3-28 (illustration 06-1 in the -24 tm) shows the batteries installed, although not real clear. It also shows the special design battery term. ends that kaiser used which were not the military standard type. They were found on the 715 and the m-38a1 at least, they are smaller an round compared to the larger square military standard design. I was able to find some orignal Pos. ends but never any Neg ends.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

I still kicking around how or what I am going to do on the batteries, I want it to look stock as much as possible. someone B4 me had drilled 4 holes in the side of the battery box to hold the J hooks. I dont like the way it looks. I can always use bungee cords till I figure it out.

inside the orignal bottom there is a bracket on the bottom on each side for the j hooks to go in, your may have rusted away. the parts tm shows an exploded view. VPW used to have new bottoms for 60.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

the box has the brackets on the side 4 to be exact, I look in TM9-2320-244-20P I have all the parts shown, I dont know if I have the correct J-bolts,I got to figure out where inthe battery box I am going to place the batteries. I thinking about placeing the batteries toward the back of the box, that way I 'll be able to use the front of the box to put a ammo can for storage.

On this topic from another post: (re the lid)
    Orignally they were to be on the angle. The purpose of reversing them to the square is that when a truck was assigned to an artic post, the artic equiptment was installed which included replacing the smaller 2hn batteries w/ 2 of the larger 4hn batteries (like deuce an 5ton use) and so the extra space was needed. I had mine on the square but after my elbow hitting it a few times i went back.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710