Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: found one

Soooo...
    Now that you have the pattern down, want to make me a set? Should only take you a couple of mintes lol

Nice work, as always!

that was all done manually with just DRO on a bridgeport. if i made another set, i would try to program toolpaths on the CNC at work. we talked about making more. he ha a project that could use them, and i will have another soon enough. so i will let you know if we are making any more

Ryan
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

I could use a set also.

Dave

ok, i finally got the stuff and a chance to work on the exaust. still need to work up the post muffler dump or tailpipe, but its finally queit.

i know it looks like burnt buttholes, but i hate making cut and paste exaust, and i just wanted it done. but at least it is all mandrel

not one bit hangs below the frame

and a little video of how it sounds. BTW its not a flowmaster. it is a thrush.

drove to work and back today. massive rainstorm forced me to find replacement WS wiper blades, but other than that there were no issues.

first impressions are that i need a) more engine b) less tire c) more gear. it does pretty good but doesn't like pulling hills in 5th. i feel that some enigine upgrades may be in my future. i also can't find a place in the dash to insert my CDs? any ideas?

hopefully the sun comes out and i can do some top down cruising
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
    ...massive rainstorm forced me to find replacement WS wiper blades...

...i need a) more engine b) less tire c) more gear. it does pretty good but doesn't like pulling hills in 5th.
    We had that rainstorm up here too. It was kind of nice for a change.

Without going back through all the posts to find the information for myself, would you list your engine, tranny and axle specs? I only remember that you are running a BB, NV4500 and GM axles.

My small block GM motor was built to approximately 360HP/380 lbs-ft torque. I have the same NV tranny and MT tires, but still run stock axles with the 5.89 ratio. Like you mentioned, the long and steep hills prove that 5th doesn't quite have the "muster", but my truck can still pull most of them unloaded without grabbing 4th. I've just always assumed that I was spoiled by the PSTD in the Ford.

However, you just reminded me of my late teenage years when I worked at a lumber yard located at 10,000 feet in elevation. I delivered lumber in a late 80's Chevy 1 ton with a 454 and 5 speed. That truck would haul azz up the steep hills, even over some 11K+ elevated passes; it was a hoot to drive back then, especially when compared to my I6 Scrambler DD. I'm sure that the stock Chevy truck likely had similar torque output as my SB motor, but the horsepower was probably 30% less. Now, I'll assume that my truck just isn't "matched-up" perfectly like was that old Chevy.

Solve any one (a, b, or c) and the other 2 go away. I will personally always vote for A!!

The glove box is a great place for the CD player if you want the stock look - will keep it out of the weather too. Also make sure you get marine speakers - you will get caught without the top some time and paper cone speakers will just melt

Or, just use an Ipod/iPhone and save a bunch of money, wiring, and time while still being able to talk on the phone going down the road. Jennifer can hear me ok when I call from my iphone while I am driving the Whistler at full whistle. I can hear her too.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I agree with the ipod approach. CD's are so old school.
    Besides, the truck is so noisy it's hard to listen to music unless you are sitting at a stop light.

Ryan, you saw and heard the radio in my M715 last year. Unless the top is on and the music all the way up, I can't hear it over 30 mph. My iphone and ear buds work at all speeds.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw