Thread: Turn Signal Distribution box.

Default Turn Signal Distribution box.

Hi Folks,
    This is my first time in the pool. So here goes.
    I recently picked up a M-725 that seems to have all the wiring jury rigged to death. I just bought and received a turn signal distribution box. The wires hanging out from the harness by the firewall have packard connectors. Should I cut the connnectors off and install connectors that go on to the distribution box?

Default I may be wrong

The distribution box on my truck, which was not in use, had spade lugs. The packard connectors near by were for the rear wiring harness disconnects. Mine was a mess also, no turn signals at all, so I may be wrong about the spade lugs being correct. Someone here who has a completely original truck will know more. If you need wiring diagrams and/or schematics, they are in the "manuals" section.

Thanks Rboltz,
    The schematics are a big help. I have the wiring diagrams as well. I have a new turn signal switch that has all the wires coming out the back and I can see on the inside of the coupler that it has letters indicating each wire. I guess thes wires should eventually connect to the distribution box. It's all new to me. However, I will endeavor to persevere.

Don't go cutting your Packard connectors off! Look through the manuals and figure out what kind of box was in there before. The solid state style had packard connectors on some of the blinker wires, mostly the back as mentioned already. But, so does the kit to convert from the old style to the solid state style. Who knows, somebody might have already changed you over and then sold the box.

Pretty much, print out the M715 lighting diagram. Actually print out 3 or 4 copies, put one by the chair you watch tv in, one near the truck, one in the truck, one at work and just carry another in your pocket. Anytime you are bored, start looking at it. At some time in the future, your mind will realize the wiring is really pretty simple and all the numbers are a help. Once you have this awakening, then you are ready to figure out what got messed up by the DSPO and fix it. At least, that is what it took for me to figure it out.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Can you post a pic or 2 of what you have under the hood...I will try to help from there what I can.

Thanks for the direction. I will not cut anything. I'll keep working on that wireing diagram. The previous owner(s) saw fit to install non standard directional lights both fron and back that are wired from the aftermarket steering column signal switch. I want to get back to the proper connection to the marker lights. I can see that this forum may be critical in getting my vehicle back to standards. I do have some friends around here that have MVs and they are helping me to figure stuff out.
    Thanks Again

Hi,
    Yeah, I'm working on that. I'll post a couple of pix tomorrow.
    Thanks for the help.

Default Here goes nuthin

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm working on this image placement thing. I'll try another method asap.

Thanks for the patience.