Thread: Possible Michelin XL Source

Default Possible Michelin XL Source

Just received four 11R16 XLs. Three of the four look new and have a tread depth of a little over 1/2", the fourth has just under 1/2". These were sold to me site unseen and were said to have 91%-94% tread remaining. I've been checking but can't find what the tread depth is new (17/32"?).

I paid $125 a tire. Shipping from Georgia to Kansas City was $219 using freightquote.com. It went fedex. They picked it up from the sellers place of business and I picked them up from a depot.

Let me know what you guys think. I looked for these tires for awhile. The seller has more. If this sounds like a good deal and if others are interested I'll be happy to share the sellers information, assuming he doesn't care that I post his contact information. Thanks for your help.

Jay

The sellers name is Jessie Bostick. His phone number is 229-221-0969. He said he has about 50 more tires that are around 85% tread. His address is 141 45th Street, Camilla, GA, 31730.

He isn't the quickest but he is a pretty straightforward guy. Hope this helps somebody.

Umm, several of our members in years past have had trouble with that guy. XL tires that were supposed to be good showing up with bulges and bubbles on the sidewall. It wasn't me, so I only know it second hand. But, make sure he understands you want good tires and any that are bad, he gets to pay shipping to replace. Work out what "good" and "bad" mean before hand too.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

where did you get your tubes ?

http://www.innertubes.net/catalog/

Don't bother with the web site order process. Call them up and ask for Rusty. He has helped lots of us get our tubes. Just tell him you have a M715 and he will know exactly what you need.

Others have gotten people besides Rusty and reported good results as well. But, I talked to Rusty and was pleased so I am passing that along.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I called a while back and Rusty knows his stuff!
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Umm, several of our members in years past have had trouble with that guy. XL tires that were supposed to be good showing up with bulges and bubbles on the sidewall. It wasn't me, so I only know it second hand. But, make sure he understands you want good tires and any that are bad, he gets to pay shipping to replace. Work out what "good" and "bad" mean before hand too.
    Thanks for chiming in Barrman. I didn't have any trouble (other than he was a little slow) but I would hate for someone here to get a raw deal.