Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default It Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

got the cam install done tonight and took her out for a run. real responsive with the cam and weiand excellerator intake on it. only thing now is it doesnt like to idle under 1000 rpms. actual lift is .515 and it loves timing so in going to see about 36* total and maybe more. tornado sirens just went off.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

I like what you have done with my rig for the FE Dave...THANKS!!

tornado's are gone now. they hit all around us but we are still under watch until 4 am.
    I want to make sure its 100% before you drive uh... wreck it
    Ive just got to tweak it out some more and it'll be ready to go. Power is more to the middle r's and top end now but I really dont need much low end anyway. LOL!it sounds real strong and pulls good. I took off out of the yard and as soon as I was on the road, I nailed it and the back tires started spinning pretty good.

I cant wait to put my mark on this one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    I cant wait to put my mark on this one!!!

sorry but your banned from being within 100 feet of it as of the 1st of june! LOL! its been armor plated just for you.
    I bought the lockouts for the front and going replace the wheel cyl's as I dont have much brakes now and since its been setting so long, I suspect the wheel cyl's have froze up. it used to be able to stop an overloaded semi on a dime but acts like it doesnt have much more brakes now than stock.

since everyone will be at the fe, we can do a tranny install class and get full participation from everyone! LOL!!!!!!!!!

I'm volunteering to see how long it'll climb the steepest hill there at wide open throttle!!

I'm volunteering to see how long it'll climb the steepest hill there at wide open throttle!!
    about as long as the other cam lasted, maybe 1/4 up or down. Als truck done the same thing as mine. I checked timing tonight with a light and it was at 36 degrees total so I locked it down and started pukking the studs out on the front hubs tonight but didnt get much done as my neighbor came over and wanted me to look at a engine that he built. it got water in the oil and in cyl. #6. I told him it was most likely a cracked cyl. as it was the biggest probability of water getting in both places so he pealed off the head to a 3 inch crack in the cyl. now he wants me to build him up a couple motors and his dad owns his own shop. ??????????????LOL!

It won't. The hill will be piled in a fresh heap behind the truck.

Sweet Dave. I'll bet it runs and pulls hard. How about a video? with ....sound.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

if I still had my camera, I would love to do a video but it was stolen fron my house and i havent got another one and probably wont until after the fe. hopefully someone at the fe can capture Jon wrecking my 725 so Ill have evidence to show everyone I didnt do it. LOL!
    the one I want is $500.00 and I just might spend as much as $1200 in fuel going there and back but hopefully not. in july, Im taking the 725 to the kansas vetrens reunion and hopefully get to talk to some vets that drove them in nam.