Thread: dodge coil spring front swap

Default dodge coil spring front swap

at the PAJeeps All-Breeds Jeep Show in York PA this weekend there was a M725 that had the front coil springs and axle from a dodge 2500 swapped into it. buckets were cut off the dodge and welded right onto the frame of the kaiser... rear spring hanger made a perfect lower control arm mount... an upper was welded to the frame.

the only change i'd make would be to run a MUCH longer pair of arms... the geometery seemed a little tight (no offence if the builder is on here) and maybe go with a "Y" link set up.

but it worked, looked okay and aparently drove pretty well from what they said

and before any one asks, sadly i didn't have my camera with me to get any pics. i did talk to them and know where they are located, so i may make a trip and get some more detailed pictures from it.

gave me some ideas for sure!!! also talked to the skyjacker guys about using their 2" or 4" dodge lift coils and maybe the links from one of their kits (not that i would run skyjacker necessarily, but he came over to my booth and was bull sh*ting about other stuff and i threw the idea by him as a possible "limited run kit" if we got enough people intersted

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

"Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

That buildup was either on here, or linked on here - looked like a nice job.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Tell me more or better yet show pictures since I don't read so well.

Almost There

Here's a 715 coil-over thread - didn't find the 725 one yet - Jon, some help?
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Quote Originally Posted by compexp View Post
    Almost There

Here's a 715 coil-over thread - didn't find the 725 one yet - Jon, some help?
    this wasn't a coil-over system. this was straight up coil springs and seperate shocks right off a dodge 2500 all factory parts

Dodge trucks have coil overs, shock inside the spring. Here is a link to a picture of a stock 3/4 ton Dodge suspension:
    http://www.bc4x4.com/pr/2001/dodge/dodge-13.jpg
    They just don't look like the typical package you see on rock buggys/sand rails with spherical bearings on the ends

Has anyone though about using those newer Fabtech 4.0 Logic Piggy Back Coil Overs that they typically sell with Ford F250/350 systems? It might be cheaper than a Fox or other setup and is designed for the extra weight. Scroll down to the coil over system:
    http://www.fabtech2008superduty.com/