Thread: Hood Blackout Driving Light

Default Hood Blackout Driving Light

I understand that there are two different blackout driving light hoops. The old one is basically flat stock made into a hoop and the newer ones are lighter weight and I will call it an "L" shape with the lip in the front. I also read that the old ones were smaller.

My understanding is that the M715's came with the newer hoops but the drawings from "Surplus City Jeep Parts" look like the old style. Can anyone tell me when the change happened? I believed M38 had the old style but that is a lot of years in between.

I also read, scary isn't it, that the light housing came in metal or plastic. Was this also part of the change in the hoop style or different? What hoop and light should I find for my truck?

Mine came with the heavy flat metal stock.

Mine as well.

They came with the heavier early style hoops and with the metal light housing. They are the same as the ones on the M38 and M38a1. The M715 has a unique mounting bracket to fit the curvature of the hood. The later style came out in the early 70's after the M715's were out of production, just like the larger composite tail lights.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Thank you. I seen that the M151 had the other type and to me it seemed the M715 would too because of the years. Must have been the difference between Jeeps and Fords.