Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rpgdeity : Air Force M-715

Default rpgdeity : Air Force M-715

Air Force M-715
    Post by rpgdeity on Jul 9, 2006, 3:03pm

Was the M-715 ever used by the air force? Did they have their own color scheme? I am assuming they did, but I don't think I've ever seen a pic of a 715 for the Air Force.

Default tacomainoh :

Re: Air Force M-715
    Post by tacomainoh on Jul 9, 2006, 3:27pm

I believe so... think someone had one on the other board.... pics may exist! If memory serves, they were dark blue w/white lettering??? Didnt' use many of them if they actually did have any.

Default k8icu :

Post by k8icu on Jul 9, 2006, 5:33pm

Depends on the unit using the truck. If it was used on base then it would be Strata Blue. If it was used by say engineers like a REDHORSE unit then it would have been standard 24087 (ish). I say ish cause the pictures I've seen of Airfarce vehicles that were used "in the field" is a different shade than standard 24087 used in Army paint.

Default warwick :

Post by warwick on Jul 9, 2006, 6:20pm

a x-member of the zone sent me a picture of his m715 door during his restoration. the colors i believe are way off, somewhere between his camera, his computer, the internet and my computer i believe the colors got inverted, judge by the blue shadow and blue concrete[upper right corner] anyway as far as airforce use its pretty good proof. colors of the AF M715 i would have to agree with k8icu

Default tacomainoh :

Post by tacomainoh on Jul 9, 2006, 6:29pm

I'd say those colors are about right, actually... shadows are usually a cool blue, and his camera probably overcompensated for all that warm yellowy-green.

That's a cool historical shot!

Default rpgdeity :

Post by rpgdeity on Jul 9, 2006, 7:17pm

Cool info so far. I did find this site of an Air Force M-37 restoration.

http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos35.htm

Default rpgdeity :

Post by rpgdeity on Jul 12, 2006, 3:08pm

So I remember a sticky on the old zone that had a list of the different places you could go to get military paint, but I can't seem to find them on our temp. zone here, but what are the places again for mil. paint? I'm looking for the full-gloss USAF blue also known as STRATA BLUE, 15045 (Federal Standard 595B).

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Jul 12, 2006, 3:15pm

http://www.rapcoparts.com/

http://www.mullinsjeepparts.com/

These are two places I know of. There is another thread going on right now about Gilespie paint that mentions a few other places.

Blog Entries

Default teking :

Post by teking on Jul 12, 2006, 7:56pm

not sure about Vietnam era but modern day AF vehicles use blue for state side and Western Europe and a lot are also now dessert tan. We even had camo in the Pacific.

Much like or uniforms which used to all be blue for our Dress Blues and pickle gren for our utility uniforms. Now we still have the dress blues but we mostly wear woodland camo or dessert camo now.

Default jeepistdougiowa :

Post by jeepistdougiowa on Jul 12, 2006, 9:32pm

I had one with the markings in the pic warwick posted, it was OD...not sure of the shade. Sold that truck to Danarchy and then he sold it to someone unknown to me.