Thread: Hydraulic Throw Out Bearing

Default Hydraulic Throw Out Bearing

I am expanding my knowledge base and now know what a HTOB is. Let me rephrase that. I knew what they were before. I just didn't venture very far from stock applictions of the things in Rangers and 3/4 ton Chevy trucks.

Since I finally found a T-5 to bolt behind the 283 for the 1957 MGA project. (Thanks again Bob at Big Wheel Bob's!) I had to start researching these things. A normal clutch arm whether mechanical or hydraulic slaved would be located about where the drivers right ankle needs to be. A HTOB is the only way I can go. Willwood, McLoud and the other usual sources gave me sticker shock. $400 plus just for the bearing/slave. Then I found this place:

http://bmcautos.com/shop/index.php?m...&products_id=9

My first thought was "oh no, I am not buying anything British for this car. It will break before the rest of the car is done." I googled the phone number and found out it is a MN based company using American parts. Now I just need to save up the money.

Why is this in the modified section? I figured I wasn't the only person looking for an affordable HTOB. I also figured one of these could be made to fit a NV4500 or your transmission of choice pretty easily. I still think a junk yard mid '90's Chevy slave/master and hose all connected, bled and with the push rods is the best deal around. However, if you have something else in mind. Here is something else to think about.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

The bell-housing I have for my nv4500 requires a htob. The sticker shock is why I haven't bought one yet. Keep hoping one pops up for sale somewhere but no luck yet.

Tim, I hate to say it, but I think that is the route I might have to go for my BBC/3035a swap in the 725. Let me know if you find any with an 1.5 inch ID for cheap.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Good info,thanks for sharing that.I have a 3.8 buick/GM T-5 in a tr-7, I might change my monkey motion Monza bellhousing/cable set up for that. Dan